For 2020, SARA’s winter field day gathering was held at Entergy Park just above Carpenter Dam. Attendance was outstanding with a total of seventeen people checking in. For a “winter” field day, the weather cooperated nicely with a sunny day and temperatures in the mid 50’s. The club operated as One Oscar (one transmitter, working outside) for approximately 3 hours making a total of 30 voice contacts. Bonus points were garnered for working outside, away from home, using no commercial power for transmitting. Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
- Yaesu FT-891 transceiver running 100 watts
- End-fed Halfwave Antenna (EFHW) – Packtenna using 26 AWG copper clad steel wire in an inverted Vee configuration supported by a 32ft collapsible mast
- Bioenno 12Ah LiFePo battery
- Buddipole solar charge controller
- Renogy 100 watt solar panel
- Chick-Fil-A sweet tea (large)